This milk tart recipe is so quick to make. This recipe will show you step by step how to make a milk tart. Even though it sets almost as soon as you pour it into the cookie crust, allow for it to cool down for a few hours in the fridge before serving. It is also suitable for milk tart-in-a-cup. If you prefer a baked crust to the cookies, use our shortbread recipe to bake a crust and pour in the mix.
The Best Milk Tart (Melktert)
- 225 grams shop-bought biscuits ginger snaps, marie, tennis
- 200 grams butter
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 75 grams butter
- Crush the biscuits into the tart dish.
- Melt 200g butter.
- Mix butter with crushed biscuits.
- Shape crust in the tart dish. (see video)
- Mix 100ml milk and flour together and keep aside.
- Heat 900ml milk in a pot on the stove.
- Scramble two eggs in a cup.
- Mix in vanilla and salt with the eggs.
- Keep aside.
- Add the sugar and 75g butter to the milk.
- As the milk mix heats up, add the egg mix while stirring.
- While whisking continuously, add in the flour mix.
- Keep whisking until mix thickens.
- Pour into the crust.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle cinnamon over the tart.
Now wasn’t that fun? This is truly the easiest milk tart recipe and it yields the tastiest milk tart! Don’t forget to rate the milk tart.