Not enough space on your stove, not to worry you can easily microwave your mashed potatoes and have them ready with your delicious savory mince.
Mashed PotatoesPin Recipe
- 1 kg potatoes peeled, and quartered
- 2 tbsp water
- 160 ml milk
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place potatoes in a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle on water, cover, and microwave at full for 13 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring twice.
- Let it stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Drain off liquid, beat with an electric mixer, cover, and set aside.
- Heat all remaining ingredients in a 2 cup (1-pint) glass measure by microwaving, uncovered at full for 4 minutes.
- Gradually pour milk mixture into potatoes while beating potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth.
- If necessary reheat mashed potatoes by covering and microwaving at full for 4 minutes.
- You can serve this with savory mince, or fish.
Calories: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 361mgPotassium: 45mgFiber: 0.02gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 278IUCalcium: 37mgIron: 0.01mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!