This recipe is as old as I can remember, super easy to make and still delicious. A favorite treat for children.
Marie biscuit dessert
- 1 packet Marie biscuits
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 bananas
- juice of half a lemon
- Slice bananas and drizzle lemon juice over to prevent them from turning black.
- Break up Marie biscuits into pieces.
- Cover the bottom of a glass dish with the cookies.
- Spread out banana rings over cookies.
- Heat the milk. Add sugar.
- Prepare a smooth paste with the custard, dissolving it into 30 ml of cold water.
- Stir the paste into the milk and bring to a boil while stirring continually.
- Pour the hot custard over the bananas and cookies. Serve hot.