This recipe makes a very tasty, low-fat chicken curry pot that is suitable for slimmers. It may be enjoyed with roti, basmati rice, Naan bread or a salad.
Low-fat chicken curry pot recipe for slimmers
This is a recipe for the tastiest chicken curry pot - suitable for slimmers!
- 8 chicken thighs skinless
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 50 grams ginger chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 420 gram can tomatoes chopped
- 250 ml hot chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a large wok.
- Chop together the garlic and ginger.
- Add the cumin, fennel, chilli and cinnamon.
- Add the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste.
- Stir in masala and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes to reduce the tomatoes to a thick, dark paste.
- Add the chicken pieces.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add chicken stock.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over coriander leaves.
Calories: 685kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 41gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 223mgSodium: 416mgPotassium: 988mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 576IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 101mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want to publish your own recipe to recipesallday? Submit your recipe here!! Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes by visiting our homepage. You can also check our authentic South African recipe website to try something new! Easyrecipes. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest