This unusual soup recipe incorporates tomato and rice with lemongrass, a very tasty, underestimated herb. Enjoy this refreshing soup on a cold day with a roll or buttered ciabatta bread.
Lemongrass, Tomato and Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3cm ginger piece finely grated
- 1 red chili finely chopped
- 3 lemongrass stalks discard the outer leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp basmati rice
- coriander handful, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and cook the garlic, ginger, chili, and lemongrass for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices, cooking them for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and 600ml water, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blitz with a stick blender until smooth then season to taste.
- Before serving, heat the soup again, add the rice and simmer for 10 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Stir in the coriander and serve.
We hope you enjoyed this Lemongrass, Tomato and Rice Soup Recipe.
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest