Lemon tart recipe. This lemon tart is served in many restaurants in France, where it is called tarte au citron. For a fresh variety. You may replace half the lemon juice and zest with orange juice and orange rind or even with grapefruit juice and rind. You may wish to make your own pastry but the bought ones work so well and save a lot of time.
Lemon Tart Recipe
- 400 grams shortcrust pastry
- zest of 3 lemons
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche or heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a greased tart pan with the thinly rolled out pastry. Prick the base with a fork.
- Line with foil and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Remove foil and beans and bake another 5 minutes to get brown.
- Place juice, sugar, and zest in a bowl and beat.Add cream gradually and mix.
- Add eggs one by one, then the beaten yolks.
- Pour into the pastry case and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Sift icing sugar over before serving.
We hope you enjoyed this lemon tart recipe!