Lemon sorbet is served between dishes and is believed to clean and neutralise the palate. You may also end your course with lemon sorbet in small quantities.
A delicious treat to enjoy with the family after a mealPin Recipe
- 250 g castor sugar
- 250 ml water
- juice of 3 lemons
- thick pieces of lemon peel
- lemon zest to garnish
- Heat the water, sugar and lemon peel and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes and leave to cool. Scoop out peel.
- Add lemon juice.
- Put in a container and freeze for 90 minutes.
- Whisk to break up crystals and to incorporate into the mix.
- Whisk hourly for at least 4 hours or until the sorbet is firm but still scoopable.
- Keep frozen for up to a month.
- Serve frozen scoops decorated with fresh lemon zest.
Calories: 243kcalCarbohydrates: 62gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 1mgSugar: 61gCalcium: 3mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!