This is a very easy marmalade recipe that shows you how to make marmalade and have it done in no time! Marmalade is jelly with pieces of citrus fruit in it. Any single citrus fruit or a mixture of citrus fruits may be used, grapefruit, and Seville oranges, for instance, yield a bitter marmalade, lemons, oranges and tangerine a sweet marmalade. Limes can also be used.
Delicious lemon marmalade recipePin Recipe
- 2 lemons large
- 750 ml sugar
- 1 liter water
- Halve the lemons, slice them thinly and remove the pips.
- Place the lemon slices in a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Leave overnight.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cook gently, uncovered, until the fruit is tender and the liquid reduced by about one third.
- Warm the sugar slightly in the oven, add it to the marmalade and stir until it dissolves.
- Bring to boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached. Leave for 10 minutes, stir gently and bottle
Calories: 2965kcalCarbohydrates: 770gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 12mgPotassium: 298mgFiber: 6gSugar: 754gVitamin C: 114mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this lemon marmalade recipe!