This leg of lamb recipe makes a perfect roast to be served with roast potatoes, rice, and vegetables. This recipe for leg of lamb is easy to follow and show s you how to make your own leg of lamb and allows enough cooking time for a well-done roast. If you prefer it rarer, reduce the cooking time. Use the cooking sauces in the pan to thicken with flour into a brown gravy for the meat.
Leg of Lamb
- 2.7 kg leg of lamb bone-in
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 garlic cloves
- Make shallow cuts all over the leg of lamb with a sharp knife.
- Spread the garlic cloves over the leg, burying them inside the meat through the cuts,
- Rub the meat with olive oil.
- Rub with salt and pepper.
- Place on oven rack fat side down.
- Cover with foil and bake at 180°C (350ºF) for 1½ hours.
- Turn fat side up and bake a further 1½ hours.
- Rest 10 minutes and slice thinly.