Lamb Sosatie Recipe (Kebabs)
Delicious lamb sosastiesPin Recipe
- 2 kg lamb (all sinews and silver parts removed) deboned, cubed in 3x3cm cubes
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cups brown vinegar
- 50 ml curry powder
- 25 ml turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 450 g superfine apricot jam
- 5 fresh bay leaves torn
- dried pieces of apricot
- large pieces of onion and green pepper
- 10 skewers
- closed, hinged grid
- Fry onions in oil until soft.
- Add curry, garlic, ginger and turmeric and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in jam, vinegar and salt. Bring to boil.
- Allow to cool to room temperature for a few hours.
- Place cubed meat in a bowl. Tear bay leaves over and cover in the marinade.
- Cover meat and allow to marinate for 20 hours.
- Skewer the meat with pieces of apricot, onion and green pepper in between.
- Braai over coals for approximately 10 minutes in a closed, hinged grid, turning occasionally.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!