This recipe for jam squares is super easy to make. They’re a different form of jam tart – the jam is just partially covered by dough gratings. These delightful treats may be prepared before the holiday season – they freeze well. For a variety, you may use canned or fresh sugared fruit added to the jam.
This is a super easy recipe for jam squares.Pin Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 400 grams butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½-1 cup jam
- Beat egg, sugar and vanilla together.
- Rub the butter into the flour and baking powder to form crumbs.
- Add the egg mix and mix well.
- Press half the dough into a greased pan.
- Spread the jam over.
- Grate the rest of the dough over and spread evenly.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 15 minutes.
- Cool down for 20 minutes and cut into squares.
Calories: 223kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 2gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 132mgPotassium: 26mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 427IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!