This is a recipe for jalapeno balls or poppers – very cheesy and rich! Lovely to serve on a snack platter or as a side dish with main meals or even as a starter. Remove all the jalapeno pips if you prefer them not all that hot!
Spicy jalapeno poppers recipePin Recipe
- 10 whole Jalapenos fresh
- 250 grams Cheddar cheese grated
- 250 grams Mozarella cheese grated
- 150 grams cream cheese
- 250 grams flour
- 250 grams breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Cut the Jalapenos into small blocks, you can leave some of the pips inside for some kick.
- Using a bowl mix the Jalapenos, salt, and pepper, with all 3 different cheeses until the mixture is tough.
- Roll the mixture little by little into bite-size balls.
- In 3 separate bowls, put the flour, breadcrumbs, and eggs.
- Dip the balls in the flour, then in the egg, and then in the breadcrumbs. Repeat 2 times.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (you can even overnight).
- Then bake the cooled balls in the hot oil until golden brown, serve immediately.
Calories: 4334kcalCarbohydrates: 395gProtein: 198gFat: 215gSaturated Fat: 121gCholesterol: 952mgSodium: 5566mgPotassium: 1868mgFiber: 22gSugar: 31gVitamin A: 8194IUVitamin C: 166mgCalcium: 3773mgIron: 29mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!