There are few things so satisfying as to make your own lovely, pizza base. This Pizza Dough recipe enables you to do just that. Top it with the toppings of your choice. Just not the same as bought pizza.
Easy Pizza Dough
Easy, quick and delicious pizza doughPin Recipe
- 240 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 310 grams flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC (450ºF), grease a large pizza pan set aside.
- Put the warm water into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, and yeast stir to combine.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbles form.
- Add olive oil and gently stir, add 2 cups of flour and salt and mix with a spatula until a ball begins to form, add more flour as needed to form a dough ball.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough, adding up to ½ cup extra flour if needed.
- Roll the dough out into your desired shape and gently transfer to your prepared pan.
- To ensure the dough doesn't form air bubbles use a fork to prick the dough all around.
- Bake on the lower rack of your preheated oven for 5 minutes and remove from your oven.
- If you notice air bubbles forming, poke them with a fork to let the air out.
- Add pizza sauce and toppings of your choice!
- Bake on the lower rack of your oven for around 15 to 20 minutes until the crust looks crispy and light brown.
Calories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 196mgPotassium: 37mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!