What a nice and easy homemade lemon curd recipe this is, you can use this as a delicious spread between your cakes or you can fill your macarons, choux pastry with it.
The Best Lemon Curd
Easy lemon curd recipePin Recipe
- 4 large egg yolks
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened, room temperature
- You can use your boiler or the other method of a large saucepan with water in and a heatproof glass bowl over the saucepan.
- Fill the bottom pot with 2 ½ tablespoon water (2 inches), place on high heat.
- Once the water begins to boil reduce to low heat to keep the water simmering.
- Place the egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt into the top part of your boiler or heatproof glass bowl.
- Using a silicone whisk, whisk until all is blended then continue whisking as the curd begins to cook.
- Continuously whisking to prevent the egg yolks from curdling.
- Whisk and cook until the mixture becomes thick, same texture as Hollandaise sauce, 10 minutes.
- If the curd isn't thickening turn up the heat and continue to whisk.
- Removing the pan from the heat.
- Cut the butter into 6 separate pieces, then whisk into the curd.
- The butter will melt from the heat of the curd. Pour the curd into a jar or bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top so it is touching the top of the curd.
- The curd will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- Once cooled the plastic wrap can be removed.
- Refrigerate the curd for up to 10 days.
Calories: 1399kcalCarbohydrates: 141gProtein: 23gFat: 86gSaturated Fat: 49gCholesterol: 838mgSodium: 552mgPotassium: 327mgFiber: 1gSugar: 136gVitamin A: 3080IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 119mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!