This recipe for croutons will show you how to make croutons and have them done in no time! Croutons are a favorite to serve in soup rather than with bread on the side. It is, of course much more crispy than bread. Prepare them in 15 minutes or less.
- butter to spread
- 1 loaf day old bread
- Cut day-old white bread in 10 mm thick slices and remove crusts.
- Spread with butter and bake in the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) until light brown all over.
- Cut into 10 mm cubes and serve in soup.
- Cut day-old white bread in 1 cm cubes. Deep-fry in oil and drain well.
- Cut slices of unbuttered toast into cubes.
- Cut slices of white bread into strips, sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and paprika, ad bake in the oven at 200ºC (400ºF) until crisp and brown. Cut into cubes.
We hope you enjoyed this homemade crouton recipe!