This recipe shows you how to make the ravioli from scratch, filling them with four kinds of cheese. To serve, refer to one of three of our recipes for delectable pasta sauces: Arrabbiata or Alfredo.
Home-made four cheeses ravioli
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tbsp water
- 1 tub ricotta cheese
- ½ tub cream cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup provolone cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 egg for egg wash to coat ravioli
- Beat olive oil, eggs and water together. Add salt.
- Put the flour on a surface and form a well.
- Pour in half the oil mixture.
- Mix the mixture into the flour with one hand while the other keeps the flour mound steady.
- Knead to form a dough - about 10 minutes. If too sticky, add flour.
- Form a ball. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Mix together the cheeses, egg and parsley.
- Rool the dough out into very thin sheets.
- Brush egg wash over a pasta sheet.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the cheese filling one inch apart.
- Cover with the top pasta sheet.
- Press out air around the portions of fillings.
- Cut out the individual raviolis and seal each one's edges.
- Boil rapidly for 4 - 8 minutes.
- Refer to one of our delicious pasta sauces to dish up over the ravioli. The Arrabbiata sauce is delicious.
We hope you enjoyed this Home-made Four Cheeses Ravioli.
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest