This is a recipe that will cause many South Africans to long back to their childhood – Sunday lunches with green beans and sweet pumpkin enjoyed with a lovely roast or whole chicken. Yummy!
Green Beans with Potato
Delicious side dish to enjoy with any mealPin Recipe
- 2 cups sliced green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 small onion
- 200 ml water
- 1 medium potato
- 2 tsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potato for 2 minutes on 100% in microwave.
- Cool, peel, cut into chunks and add to beans.
- Cut up onion into the beans.
- Cook beans for 15 - 20 minutes until everything is soft.
- Drain off all water. Add butter, salt and pepper.
- Mash everything together - should still be lumpy.
Calories: 29kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 21mgPotassium: 41mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 63IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!