This Greek Salad recipe makes an attractive salad with dressing. You may opt to leave out the croutons. The taste of anchovies doesn’t always appeal to everybody. Replace them with quartered or diced tomatoes and add some cucumber.
- 1 large head lettuce shredded
- 1 bunch watercress
- 50 grams small onions quartered
- 125 ml pitted black olives
- 250 ml Feta cheese cubed
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 25 ml capers
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 250 ml croutons
- 75 ml olive oil
- 37,5 ml lemon juice
- 2 ml salt
- 1 ml pepper
- Soak the garlic in half the olive oil overnight.
- Fry the croutons in the mixture.
- Wash and dry the greens and chill for 1 hour.
- Place the salad greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add the onions, olives, capers, cheese, the rest of the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and anchovies and toss well.
- Add the croutons just before serving and toss again.
- Leave out the anchovies and add 4 quartered tomatoes and ½ sliced cucumber.
We hope you enjoyed this greek salad recipe!