Delightful, crispy, and buttery biscuit recipe. Fit for a king. Add the nuts of your choice. The original recipe actually requires almond essence. That, however, is an acquired taste. If you like the distinct taste of almond essence, go ahead and replace the vanilla. With most recipes, one may replace butter with margarine. However, when baking these Greek biscuits, I would not replace the butter. They are also called Greek butter cookies.
Delicious Greek Biscuits
- 500 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts nuts of your choice
- Mix butter and sugar together.
- Add egg.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add salt.
- Add nuts.
- Sift flour and mix in gradually.
- Roll small pieces of dough to form small crescent moons.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C (350ºF).
- Once they have cooled down completely, dunk them in loose icing sugar.
We hope you enjoyed this greek biscuit recipe!