Gingerbread men are seasonal biscuits that everyone can enjoy, children can enjoy making them with their parents and even more enjoy eating them when they are nice and warm.
Ginger cookies go so well with coffee or on their own. Every household should stock up on them.Pin Recipe
- 125 grams butter
- ½ cup golden syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 2½ cups cake flour
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients, except icing sugar.
- Mix the egg yolks with the brown sugar and syrup.
- Work into the dry mix, except icing sugar.
- Roll the dough out and cut out men shapes.
- Remix and roll out left-over dough to cut out more men.
- Bake on baking paper at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- While they cool down, prepare icing.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix with icing sugar.
- Use piping bag to apply icing on outlines of men.
- Use Smarties to make eyes and buttons.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!