Making this early morning and having this lovely dessert ready for night time is quick and easy.
Frozen Lemon DessertPin Recipe
- 3 eggs separated
- ½ cup sugar
- dash salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice fresh
- ½ tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- In a small casserole bowl, set the egg whites aside. Combine egg yolks, sugar and salt. Blend well.
- Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Cook on full for 4 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and coats spoon. Stir mixture once or twice during cooking. Chill.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold in whipped cream and then the lemon mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the crumbs in a dish.
- Pour in lemon mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumbs over the top.
- Freeze until firm.
Calories: 92kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.004gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 62mgPotassium: 40mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 94IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!