Fried onion rings make a great side dish with steak, chops or burgers. They are very easy to make. Unfortunately the oil will be spoiled and not be suitable for re-use. Freeze the milk in a container after use for defrosting and re-use with the next batch you make.
Fried Onion Rings Recipe
Delicious and crispy onion ringsPin Recipe
- 1 large onion cut in 1 cm thick rings, peel out individual rings
- 500 ml vegetable oil for deep frying
- 500 ml milk
- 1 deep bowl
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Cut the onion into thick rings (about 1cm). Make sure to separate the individual onion rings from the large rings that you cut.
- Put the loose rings into a deep bowl and cover completely with milk.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Heat a pan with deep oil on the stove.
- Take out the rings as you want to fry them, drain excess milk.
- Dip onion rings in another bowl with flour mixed with salt and onion powder.
- Shake off excess flour and put into hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown for a few minutes.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
Calories: 203kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 8gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 637mgPotassium: 244mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 203IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 155mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!