This Focaccia Bread recipe gives one large flatbread. You may top it with the herbs of your choice and some crushed garlic, even with Romano tomatoes and coarse salt or mozzarella cheese. Serve as a starter to a pasta meal or with soup. This bread can also be made with pizza dough.
- 400 grams white flour
- 5 ml salt
- 10 grams instant yeast
- 15 ml olive oil and extra for rubbing
- dried rosemary or oregano
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Grease or spray a baking tray.
- Mix the flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and some warm water.
- Mix to a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 - 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough, form a ball and press flat to approximately 1,5 cm thick.
- Place on the baking tray and rub with oil.
- Sprinkle the herbs over.
- Let it sit in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.