When out of ideas for interesting cakes, why not try this flan cake recipe. Fill it with the sweet topping of your choice. Do not be afraid to stack it quite high – stack lovely fresh or canned fruits on a layer of thick cream. Or give it a creamy caramel and banana filling – the choices are endless.
Old Fashioned Flan Cake Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Boil milk and oil together.
- Mix into the batter.
- Fill a greased flan pan 3/4.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180°C (350ºF).
- Remove from pan with the flat side facing down.
- Once it has cooled down, fill the hollow with the filling of your choice.
We hope you enjoyed this flan cake recipe!