Fish and chips are a favorite for many people. Serve the fish with a tartare sauce and the chips with tomato ketchup. Start on cooking the chips and cook the fish while the chips are baking.
Fish and Chips RecipePin Recipe
- 4 hake fillets
- 350 ml beer
- 10 g dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 g flour
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 500 gram oven chips
- Mix together the beer, yeast, sugar salt and flour.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes for the yeast to become active.
- Mix again and drag the clean, dry fish fillets through the mix.
- Deep fry in oil for 6 - 8 minutes and drain on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- The chips will take longer than the fish to prepare, so get them in the oven first.
- Follow the instructions to oven bake your chips.
Calories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 8gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 588mgPotassium: 118mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!