Use our recipe to make this unusual treat of a filled puff pastry to grill over the coals at your barbeque (braai). Lovely and crispy!
Filled Puff Pastry over the CoalsPin Recipe
- 2 rolls (400g) bought, ready made puff pastry thawed
- 1½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1½ cup mozarella cheese grated
- 1 ring feta cheese
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 20 baby tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano or Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- Lay the first puff pastry roll down flat on a double braai grid that can close properly.
- Cut baby tomatoes in halves and spread over the pastry, faces down.
- Leave about 1½ cm clear on the sides of the pastry.
- Sprinkle over the dough the mushrooms, then the grated cheeses.
- Break and sprinkle over the feta and then the herbs.
- Place the second sheet of puff pastry over. Press ends together and close the grid.
- Brush both sides with butter.
- Grill over the coals at medium heat for about 20 - 25 minutes, turning frequently.
Calories: 207kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 12gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 299mgPotassium: 481mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1733IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 276mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!