These lovely feta fingers drizzled with some honey over, and served with wedges will make your day.
Feta Filo PastryPin Recipe
- 200 gram creamy feta
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 2 tbsp lemon rind finely grated
- 2 tbsp shredded fresh mint plus sprigs to serve
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- honey to drizzle
- lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200/180°C (392/356°F) fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut the feta crossway into eight 1cm (0.38 inches) thick pieces.
- Cut each slide into thirds.
- Place 3 sheets of filo on a work surface and spray each with oil. Cover remaining filo sheets with a clean tea towel, then a damp tea towl ( this prevents the filo from frying out.)
- Cut each sheet in half crossway, then fold each piece in half crossway. Spray with oil.
- Lay a piece of feta lengthways across one short end of piece of filo.
- Sprinkle with a little lemon rind and mint.
- Fold the end over, then fold the sides in and roll to enclose.
- Place seam side down, on a prepared tray and spray with oil. Repeat with remaining filo pieces and sheets, feta, lemon rind, and mint to make 24 rolls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bakin for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!