Make an ordinary ice-cream festive and very special without too much trouble. This ice-cream recipe is very easy to follow and the whole family will love this special treat! This delicious ice-cream makes for the perfect dessert on those hot summer days.
- 1 packet glazed cherries
- 100 grams glazed fruit cake mix
- 200 grams dry fruit cake mix
- 200 ml sherry
- 60 ml warm water
- 200 grams ladyfinger biscuits
- 1 litre vanilla or strawberry ice-cream soft, starting to defrost
- Spray a 2-litre bread pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix together all the fruit and cherries.
- Pour over 150 ml of the sherry. Let it stand overnight.
- Mix the rest of the sherry with the water.
- Dip each finger biscuit in the diluted sherry and arrange around the sides of the pan, standing up.
- Mix the ice-cream with the fruit-sherry mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan. Freeze.
- Use a flat dish to serve. Turn over onto dish and place a warm cloth on the pan.