Inquiries are made for an eggnog recipe without alcohol. You can use this recipe and simply omit the liquor, but bear in mind that you should not let it stand longer than a day because the alcohol also acts as a preservative for the raw eggs. Never forget that eggs may contain salmonella. Eggnog is a favorite drink over the festive season in the northern hemisphere.
The best eggnog recipe
- 6 large eggs very fresh
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup rum, bourbon or cognac omit if you desire eggnog without alcohol
- nutmeg for serving
- Separate the eggs and put yolks in a bowl.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, cream, and liquor (if used). Refrigerate.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into the eggnog just before serving.
- Grate over some nutmeg.
We hope you enjoyed this eggnog recipe!