This treacle tart recipe is quite popular among the British and so simple to make, using five ingredients in total! Please be sure to rate this recipe after you tried it!
Easy Treacle Tart Recipe
Delicious treacle tart to enjoy with your tea or coffeePin Recipe
- 350 grams shortcrust pastry
- 500 grams golden syrup
- 125 grams breadcrumbs fresh
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC (370ºF).
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry, line a loose-based tart tin with baking beans and blind bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take off the baking paper and dry out the base of the tart in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Turn down the oven heat to 160ºC (320ºF).
- Using a medium-size bowl, mix the syrup, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and zest, and eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture into the tart and bake for 50 minutes or until the filling has lightly set.
- Leave to cool down, before serving.
Calories: 381kcalCarbohydrates: 78gProtein: 7gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 347mgPotassium: 237mgFiber: 2gSugar: 39gVitamin A: 59IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 111mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!