This recipe shows you how to make a lovely rich, Italian tiramisu – a lovely dessert to enjoy cold. It also looks very good and is so easy to make. Be sure to rate this recipe!
The best Tiramisu everPin Recipe
- 3 eggs separated
- 100 gram castor sugar
- 2 tbsp marsala
- 250 gram mascarpone cheese
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml strong black coffee
- 75 ml Tia Maria Liqueur
- 36 savoiardi biscuits ladyfinger biscuits
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick, till the whisk leaves a train in the eggs when lifted.
- Mix the marsala and mascarpone together then fold it into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Using a small bowl whip the cream to soft peaks and in another bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture, then fold in the egg whites making sure to get as much air as possible.
- Line a deep square cake tin with a thick piece of baking paper leaving the ends overhanging.
- Using a large bowl pour the coffee and Tia Maria Liqueur, dip the biscuits into the mixture and put a layer into the bottom of the tin.
- Cover with ⅓ of the whipped cream and dust it with cocoa powder. Repeat this step twice more but don't add the last dusting of cocoa powder until you are ready to serve.
- Chill preferably overnight or for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the whole tiramisu from the tin, dust with cocoa powder, cut into slices, and serve.
Calories: 668kcalCarbohydrates: 66gProtein: 14gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 304mgSodium: 164mgPotassium: 177mgFiber: 2gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 1437IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 121mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!