Use this recipe to bake an easy sponge cake. Put butter cream icing of your choice on it, or spread whipped cream over and top with fresh seasonal fruit or use it in a trifle – a sponge cake is just so versatile!
Easy Sponge Cake RecipePin Recipe
- 2½ cups flour
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease to round cake pans.
- Mix together sugar and eggs.
- Add salt and oil, vanilla.
- Add flour little by little, add milk in between.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes. Use baking pen to test readiness.
Calories: 541kcalCarbohydrates: 75gProtein: 7gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 110mgPotassium: 106mgFiber: 1gSugar: 45gVitamin A: 139IUCalcium: 50mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!