Use this recipe for easy honeycomb to prepare a batch over the holidays. You may want to cover them in chocolate, but they are lovely as is. It uses only three ingredients and water. You don’t get simpler than this.
Easy Honeycomb RecipePin Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- 2½ tsp baking soda
- 1 candy thermometer
- Measure out baking soda to have handy the minute your sugar reaches 300°F.
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Heat over medium hit while stirring.
- Once it comes to a boil, stop stirring and cook to 300°F without stirring.
- The mixture should be clear. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda immediately.
- It will foam. Stir only until golden and mixed through - no longer.
- Once foaming stops, pour into lined pan.
- Allow 1 hour to cool down before breaking into pieces.
Calories: 55kcalCarbohydrates: 14gFat: 1gSodium: 141mgPotassium: 1mgSugar: 14gCalcium: 1mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!