This fruitcake recipe is really the simplest you’ll ever get. Although the recipe does not instruct that, it helps the fruit to swell out nicely when they are soaked in the orange juice for a few hours. Sometimes the orange juice is a bit sour, in which case a half cup of sugar may be added. Nothing prevents you from adding a cup of nuts of your own choice.
- 1 kg fruitcake mix
- 500 ml orange juice
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 small egg
- 100 ml brandy
- Mix all ingredients together, except brandy.
- Line pan with wax paper and grease.
- Place oven rack low in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours at 130°C (270ºF).
- Once the cake has cooled, pour brandy over and cover in foil.
We hope you enjoyed this easy fruitcake recipe!