This chocolate sauce recipe makes a sauce that is delicious served hot over ice-cream. It is not too thick but, should you decide to use it cold, it will have a thicker consistency. Whichever way, it gives a lovely finishing touch to any ice-cream or steamed pudding.
- 5 tbsp butter or margarine
- 60 grams cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 37,5 ml golden syrup or treacle
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 50 ml milk
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly in a saucepan and heat gently until the cocoa blends in.
- Continue heating until hot enough to serve.
- Serve with ice-cream or steamed puddings.
We hope you enjoyed this chocolate sauce recipe!