This a very easy to follow recipe for a blueberry cake that may be served as a dessert or for a teatime treat. Sift with icing sugar before serving. The blueberries may be replaced with blackberries, raspberries, gooseberries, or other fruit. Be sure to work quickly when adding the fruit and to get the cake back in the oven.
Delicious blueberry cake
This easy blueberry cake recipe is not only tasty but a delight to the eyes.Pin Recipe
- 11/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup milk
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, salt, and eggs. Mix.
- Sift in the flour and milk gradually while mixing.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Remove from oven and quickly sprinkle berries over before baking a further 10 minutes.
Calories: 505kcalCarbohydrates: 82gProtein: 11gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 182mgPotassium: 152mgFiber: 3gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 461IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this easy blueberry cake recipe!