This apple cake is very moist, unlike apple crumble. However, you may still add seedless raisins to the apples if you so prefer – apples and raisins definitely go together well in cakes. Enjoy this cake hot or cold.
Apple Cake Recipe
Yummy Dutch Apple Cake
- 250 grams self-raising flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 130 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams butter melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 150 ml milk
For the topping
- 2 eating apples
- 15 grams butter melted
- 60 ml brown sugar
- 1 ½ ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF), grease and line a cake pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Stir in the caster sugar, in a separate bowl. Whisk the melted butter, eggs and milk together then stir the mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared pan, smooth the surface, then make a shallow hollow in a ring around the edge of the mixture.
- Make the topping, peel and core the apples, slice them into wedges and slice the wedges thinly.
- Arrange the slices around the edge of the cake mixture, in the hollowed ring.
- Brush with the melted butter, then scatter the brown sugar and ground cinnamon over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the cake has risen well or a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve immediately, or peel off the paper lining and cool on a wire rack before serving cold with cream.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 5gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 174mgPotassium: 104mgFiber: 2gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 254IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 99mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want to publish your own recipe to recipesallday? Submit your recipe here!! Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes by visiting our homepage. You can also check our authentic South African recipe website to try something new! Easyrecipes. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest