This pancake recipe is a South African favorite. Perfect for those cold and rainy days! This recipe shows you step by step how to make pancakes. Make sure that the consistency of your batter is right by adding extra water or flour. Our YouTube video shows what the consistency should be like. Stack the cooked pancakes with cinnamon sugar and a dash of lemon juice in between, or dry if you want to give savory fillings.
Easy Pancake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil for baking
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the water and milk.
- Use an electric mixer to mix thoroughly.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda little by little while mixing. The consistency of the batter should be like syrup. Add water if too thick. And flour if too thin.
- Heat the pan with very little oil in it. Have an empty cup ready to pour off the excess oil.
- Use a soup ladle to pour the batter into the heated pan. Tilt pan to spread evenly.
- When bubbles appear and the batter appears dry, flip over.
- Bake for about 15 seconds and gently slide out onto a plate.
Savory Pancake Toppings
- Mince and Cheese
- Chicken Mayonaise
- Sour Cream
Sweet Pancake Toppings
- Sugar and Cinnamon
- Ice Cream
- Canned Peaches
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream and Strawberries