Delicious Lemon Bars, easy and quick to make! The kids will love these treats!
Mouth Watering Lemon Bars Recipe
For the Crust
- 1 cup butter softened
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup icing sugar plus more for garnish
For the Filling
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 lemon cut into small wedges, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF), and line you baking pan with baking paper.
- Making the crust using a large bowl, hand mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Add flour and icing sugar and blend well.
- Spread the dough into prepared baking pan and press the dough to flatten.
- Bake until lightly golden, 25 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes.
- Make your filling using a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust, return to your oven, and bake until firm, for 25 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Slice them into bars and garnish with icing sugar and lemon wedges.