This is an all-time favorite. Both the kids and adults love these custard slices. This is a very easy to follow recipe for custard slices. Make your own and spoil your friends and family.
Custard Slice Recipe
Easy and delicious custard slices
- 200 gram Cream Crackers
- 1 Ltr milk
- 250 ml sugar
- 60 ml butter or margarine
- 120 ml flour
- 100 ml cornflour
- 10 ml custard powder
- 2 ml salt
- 100 ml cold water
- 3 eggs separated
- 5 ml vanilla Essence
- 500 ml icing sugar sifted
- 40 ml boiling water
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk to a boil.
- Add the sugar, and butter or margarine and stir until melted. Remove from the stove.
- Grease a 35 x 25 x 5 cm shallow glass bowl or spray it with an anti-stick agent.
- Grab 15 of the biscuits in rows of 5 x 3 on the bottom of the bowl and make sure the biscuit halves are all in the same direction.
- Mix the following in a separate bowl, flour, cornflour, custard powder, salt, and cold water.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk well.
- Beat 250 ml of the warm milk mixture little by little with the custard mixture.
- Pour it back into the saucepan with the rest of the milk.
- Stir over low heat and cook for 5 minutes until thick.
- Remove from the stove and stir in vanilla essence, beat the egg whites until soft.
- Lightly fold the egg whites into the flame mixture with a metal spoon or spatula.
- Pour the hot custard over the biscuits in the bowl.
- Cover the custard with a further 15 biscuits in 5 x 3 rows and make sure the half-baking lines are in the same direction as the bottom layer.
- Allow the custard to cool completely before placing it in the fridge.
- Mix the icing sugar and boiling water into a spreadable icing. Slowly pour over the crackers spreading it evenly.
- Keep it in the fridge until needed.
- When serving, cut the slices as big as half a biscuit.
Calories: 175kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 80mgPotassium: 21mgFiber: 1gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 74IUCalcium: 6mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want to publish your own recipe to recipesallday? Submit your recipe here!! Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes by visiting our homepage. You can also check our authentic South African recipe website to try something new! Easyrecipes. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest