This custard lemon fridge tart recipe has been a sweet-sour favorite for as long as I can remember. The custard is prepared with just enough sugar not to be too sweet. Add enough lemon juice to the condensed milk so that it is thick enough and you decide just how tangy you want it to be – with even more lemon juice.
Custard Lemon Fridge Tart
- 1 can condensed milk
- 500 ml milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 50 -100 ml lemon juice depending on tartness desired
- 1 packet Tennis biscuits
- Prepare a thick custard by boiling milk, sugar and custard powder together while stirring.
- Mix lemon juice with condensed milk until condensed milk thickens substantially.
- Pack a single layer of biscuits in a tart dish.
- Pour a thick custard layer on top. It should start setting right away.
- Follow with all the condensed milk.
- Crumble some biscuits over the tart.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
We hope you enjoyed this custard lemon fridge tart recipe!