This curried green bean salad is a winner as a side dish with any meal and on a barbeque table. The sauce is sweet-sour. This salad can be bottled in airtight containers to be stored for a long time.
Curried Green Bean Salad
Delicious curry green bean saladPin Recipe
- 2 kg string beans sliced
- 1 kg onions sliced
- water salted
- 750 ml brown vinegar
- 500 ml sugar
- 25 ml curry powder
- 50 ml cornflour mixed with a little water
- 10 ml salt
- In a large saucepan, boil the beans and onions in salted water until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, boil the vinegar and sugar in another saucepan, stirring often, until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the salt, curry powder and cornflour to the vinegar and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the sauce to the beans and onions and bring to boil again. Cool before serving.
Calories: 420kcalCarbohydrates: 99gProtein: 6gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 509mgPotassium: 758mgFiber: 10gSugar: 76gVitamin A: 1756IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 142mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!