This creamy mushroom sauce is a winner to pour over your steak, schnitzel or even over your burger patty. The secret being to stir the sauce all the time while cooking. It is really so easy to make.
Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Thick, creamy, and delicious mushroom saucePin Recipe
- 250 g clean, dry mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp spice for vegetables
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk (or more for a thinner sauce)
- Use 1 tablespoon butter to fry mushrooms. Stir and fry until dry.
- Add the rest of the butter. Add some flour.
- Stir until the butter and flour form a soft paste.
- Add some milk, alternating with flour and stir or whisk continually to avoid lumps.
- When all the flour and milk is stirred in, you should have a smooth, thick sauce. Use more milk if you want it slightly thinner.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the sauce once you have topped your meat or potato. Serve warm.
Calories: 121kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 100mgPotassium: 10mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 352IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!