This delicious, creamy cheese sauce can be used to serve over a steak or a schnitzel, over vegetable dishes, or over macaroni. For even fuller flavour, you may use matured cheddar cheese.
Creamy Cheese Sauce
The creamiest cheese saucePin Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add a little flour and stir into a soft paste.
- Add milk and flour alternatively, little by little while stirring continually.
- Add salt. Stir or whisk rapidly all the time to prevent lumps forming.
- Once thick and smooth, switch off stove plate and stir in grated cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!