Cheesy, creamy and just plain delicious! This potato au gratin recipe is very easy to follow and yields the perfect side dish! This potato au gratin goes well with any meal.
Potatoes Au Gratin
Cheesy, creamy, quick and just plain perfect potato au gratin recipe.Pin Recipe
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 cups potatoes thinly sliced and peeled
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 2 cups milk
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- additional pepper optional
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Little by little add the milk, bring to boil, cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cheese until melted add the potatoes and onions.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish, cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- If desired top with additional pepper.
Calories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 6gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 588mgPotassium: 109mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 373IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 174mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!