With this recipe, I’ll show you how to make the best-creamed spinach ever – and guess what? It is not expensive at all because it is not made with cream! If you so wish, added cream will do no harm, but a white sauce is what makes this dish creamy. Even the cheese is a fancy extra. You may also top your dish with some crumbled feta cheese if you so wish.
Delicious Creamy Creamed Spinach
- 1 kg raw spinach leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cheese grated cheddar or crumbed feta
- 1 small onion chopped
- Wash spinach leaves well and remove the white centre and other thick veins.
- Cook the leaves with onion in some water for 10 minutes.
- Drain all the water.
- Melt butter in a pot on the stove.
- Add salt and flour.
- Stir or whisk continually.
- Add milk gradually while stirring.
- Mix spinach into the sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
We hope you enjoyed this creamed spinach recipe!