This cream of chicken soup recipe is very easy to follow. Cream of chicken soup is an all-time favorite. Perfect for those cold winter nights. It can be prepared to be used as a starter before a main course.
Cream of Chicken soup
The most delicious cream of chicken soupPin Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken thigh skin removed
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 2 large onions cut into large wedges
- 4 celery sticks quartered
- 3 leeks quartered
- 2 sprigs thyme plus extra leaves for sprinkling
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp ground white pepper optional
- 40 gram flour
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 L boiling water
- Place the chicken thighs in a very large, heavy-based pan and fry for a few minutes, turning them frequently to lightly colour them.
- Providing the heat is low, there is no need to add any oil. Pour in the white wine, turn up the heat and boil rapidly to evaporate the alcohol.
- Pile in the vegetables and herbs, add the salt and white pepper.
- Pour in 2 litres boiling water, cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Take out the bay leaves and thyme sprigs and cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the soup, then strip the meat from the bones.
- Put all but 140 grams of the chicken back into the pan.
- Blitz the soup with a hand blender until very smooth, then return to the pan.
- Blend the flour and cream together with a couple of ladles of the soup.
- Stir the creamy mixture into the rest of the soup and heat, stirring continuously until thickened.
- You can blend again if it looks a little lumpy. Chop the remaining chicken and stir into the soup. Scatter with thyme leaves to serve.
Calories: 484kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 22gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 425mgPotassium: 422mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1226IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!