This recipe for cream and cheese potatoes is a very filling side dish. Ideal to serve with fish or any meat that is not too rich.
Cream and Cheese Potatoes
An ideal, filling dish suitable for your vegetarian guests.Pin Recipe
- 650 grams potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 15 ml butter
- 100 grams cottage cheese
- 250 ml cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 ml dried rosemary
- 5 ml paprika
- 15 ml chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheddar cheese to top grated
- bread crumbs to top
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Arrange the potatoes in a greased oven pan.
- Saute the onions and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until it thickens.
- Pour the mix over the potatoes.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake a further 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Calories: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 5gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 148mgPotassium: 198mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2096IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 124mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!