Ratatouille is a traditional French stewed vegetable dish originating from Nice in the south of France. Serve hot or cold as a side dish or a vegetarian main course.
Absolutely delicious RatatouillePin Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 celery sticks roughly chopped
- 3 baby marrows thickly sliced
- 2 yellow peppers thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup basil torn
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic, celery, baby marrows, peppers, and tomato paste.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, vinegar, and sugar, and simmer for 25 minutes, or until vegetables have softened and the sauce has thickened.
- Season and stir through basil before serving.
Calories: 141kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 273mgPotassium: 893mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 871IUVitamin C: 122mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!