Here is a delicious carrot soup recipe. Carrot soup is a dish you do not see often. King Edward VII ate this soup on 26 August every year to commemorate the Battle of Crecy in 1346.
Do something different and serve this nutritious and tasty soup to your family and guests, as a light lunch or supper with croutons or as a starter to a meal. The color makes it attractive, especially for children. This is a good recipe to ensure children get to eat their share of daily vegetables.
Creamy Carrot Soup
A rich and creamy carrot soup for those cold winter daysPin Recipe
- 500 grams carrots coarsely grated
- 4 medium potatoes diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 tsp butter
- 1,75 liters chicken stock
- 2 tsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the carrots, potatoes, onion, and margarine in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, sugar, and stock.
- Simmer, covered, until the carrot and potatoes are very tender.
- Purée the soup by forcing it through a coarse sieve or liquidising in a blender.
- Return the purée to the saucepan, adding a little water if it is too thick.
- Reheat to just boiling, then stir in the butter and parsley and simmer a further 2 minutes.
- Serve at once.
Calories: 277kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 12gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 933mgPotassium: 1186mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 14139IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 83mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this classic carrot soup recipe!